Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bye Bye April....

It was a tough April. I hope and prey May is a better month.

My mom has been in and out of the hospital. There is a chance she will lose one or both of her feet due to circulation and vascular problems. And, in case I haven't mentioned it before, the past 10 years she has battled (daily) acute Leukemia and Crohn's disease. This woman can not get a brake.

With both the mental and financial strain (don't think if you have medical insurance you are "covered") the only wedding thoughts I have had the past few weeks is to cancel everything. Just have the ceremony at Justice of the Peace with our parents and siblings. No reception party. No professional photog. No bridal shower. No bachlorette celebration.

And really, that's ok. My mother is much more important then any of those things will ever be.

The one positive thing I can pull from this situation is it really gives you a perspective on what's really important in life....and it is not centerpieces or buffet menus.

Sorry to be a downer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh hun, do what you have to do. I'm so sorry that you have to see your mom dealing with all these healthy issues. But I know that health of a loved one trumps all other issues.
    Your so right, it's not menus or flowers or dresses that's important it's who you love.
    Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time..
    I think you have made a wise choice-- a couple of weeks ago, we were in a situation and I had decided to just have a simple ceremony-- and I seriously JUST want that still--- but our circumstance changed and the reception is back on (by my mothers orders haha).

    Your mother really has had a tough break-- I bet it has made her and your whole family very strong. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete