Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Music in the Soundtrack of Our Lives


One detail of our wedding I can be certain of is the favors – CDs. These can be produced DIY rather cheap, which is just a bonus on top of the other reasons we love this idea.

First, because music is so important to us. I grew up going to concerts from when I was a tot. I can remember playing in Central Park during Simon & Garfunkel and sitting on top of my father’s shoulders while we walked for what seemed like 50 blocks to get to No Nukes at Madison Square Garden. Thanks to my parents constantly playing music in our home I probably know every word to every song sung by James Taylor, Carly Simon, Jackson Browne, the Eagles, the Beatles, and the Grateful Dead.

Second, because it is a favor some will use for years to come. I have a 6 CD changer in my car and I can tell you right now at least 2 of those 6 CDs were favors from friend’s weddings. And every time I listen to them, I think about their wedding. Isn't that the point of a wedding favor?

Someone said “Music is the soundtrack of our lives”. So here are the songs we have so far…Each one represents some memory to us…and many our friends and family will identify the songs with us as well. I am sure like everything else this list will change 20 times before our wedding.

Something, the Beatles (will be played as Bride Entrance at ceremony)
All You Need is Love, the Beatles (played during processional)
Once in My Life, Steve Wonder (first dance)
You’re My Best Friend, Queen
Wouldn’t it be Nice, Beach Boys
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough, Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Nothing Else Matters, Metallica
Picture, Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow (not sure about this, depressing in parts, but Eric & I love to sing this when we are driving)
Late in the Evening, Paul Simon
Gone to Carolina, Shooter Jennings
Livin on a Prayer, Bon Jovi (come on, I am a Jersey girl, got to have Bon Jovi)
Elvis – TBD
Elvis – TBD
Britney - TBD

Eric is a huge Elvis fan, as I am a Britney fan, so no CD of ours would be complete without them.

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking the last week or so about making CD's as favors, and use all the main songs from our ceremony and reception.
    They really are cheap to make yourself! hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about doing cd favors too..our only problem would be the song list. The Mister is a dj, we have thousands of records and thousands of cd's and then theres the hard drive libraries!

    ReplyDelete