Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh What a Night (and its not about the song)

I am sorry if I ramble on during this post, its my pain talking. But please read on if you will need to book hotel blocks for your wedding.

Yesterday at 5pm the power in my house shut off and I heard a loud noise. I assume a transformer blew up or a car crashed into an electric pole.

When the power wasn't back on by 5:30 I called the electric company. They said it would be back on by 7pm. After sitting in the dark for an hour, the cell phone rang to tell us the power would be back on by 9pm.

Would they keep pushing the time back?

Should we go to a hotel?

1. Eric's fourth and very important CPA test is on Monday, he needs to study every hour he can...no power, no Internet, no studying

2. Our dog, Taylor, is neurotic. No really, he has a prescription for Zanex. The silence and candlelight was freaking him out.

3. It was cold. Our heating system is electric. And we just used last pieces of firewood last week. What if the power never came back on - it was already 58 degrees in the house - would we just freeze to death?

I called a hotel I thought allowed dogs - they did - so we packed a few things and left for the night.

This could be fun, right?

Wrong. Very wrong.

I won't bore you with the details but to sum it up:

1. Eric's laptop crashed at the hotel, he spent all night trying to and finally fixing the problem
2. Our dog was not a fan of the hotel thing, drove us crazy for the first 2 hours
and
the
worse
part
.
.
.
3. the bed.
OMG the bed.
And the pillows.
UUGGHH...we both barely slept, and today are both is so much pain. My lower back and legs OMG. Its difficult to sit or stand up from sitting.

So finally...to my point...if you need to book hotel blocks, I recommend staying away from Extended Stay America. Their service was excellent. Their price you couldn't beat - $90 for King with kitchen. But the bed....eehhh...your guests will not be dancing at your wedding.

Now, maybe it's just the beds at this property. So if you are interested just ask to see a room and feel for yourself. I travel heavily for business, 75 nights in 2008 alone, and have never had this bad of an experience.

Should have stayed home and froze to death.

1 comment:

  1. Man, that's no fun at all!! I can't handle painful beds :(

    ReplyDelete