Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Love Tax Time

To my surprise I got my W2 yesterday. 10 minutes later I was on turbo tax.

For the past 4 tax seasons I dragged my feet much longer. Until January 2008 I was a NJ employee working in NC. This meant I paid taxes to both states, had to pay an accountant to file for me, and usually owed over a thousand dollars. I say usually because last year I broke even because we purchased a home in 2007.

Since my company pulled some strings last January, I have officially been a NC employee. I couldn't wait to do my tax return!

I never used turbo tax (because an accountant did it for me) but I love the way it tells you your refund as you go. Its so exciting (wow I am really admitting I am this boring?).

So a few hours later I very happily electronically filed my taxes. The money was more than I expected and will definitely be put in wedding savings.

2 comments:

  1. good for you! and no you are not boring at all... well, if you are then so am I! This is my first year that I am actually filing my taxes as an "adult" per say (I'm 25 but my dad always did it) So now that I am living with the fiance' and have a career, and almost a house... I'm pretty excited! Hmm.. maybe I am a little lame lol... oh well..

    anyway congrats! and good luck with the wedding plans.. i find the blogging world very very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Turbo Tax as well! Isn't it great?!

    ReplyDelete