Saturday, January 17, 2009

WW Rocks my World

Just like 80% of the rest of the world, one of my New Years resolutions was to drop some LBs. But this year was different. It wasn't the usual thoughts of fitting back into jeans I wore 6 years ago, or to lay by my pool in a bikini....instead the driving motivator is a wedding. More specifically, the wedding photos. I will be looking at these pictures for many, many years....so of course like every other bride I want to look my absolute best.

Oh yeah and to be healthier and all that other stuff.

Yes, I can be shallow, I can admit that.

I am the type of person that has to eat well and exercise to lose/maintain weight loss. All my life I have been up and down. I have been on every diet. I can tell you the calories in just about anything. I spent most of my early twenties on diet pills (that, by the way do not work with me any longer....my body must have built up a tolerance). I think somewhere in the past few years I came to terms that I just have to work at it - it is what it is - hey, everything that's worth having is work, right?

So with those realizations I think I just said hell with it and gave up. We un-joined the gym in an effort to save some money...while saving us the guilty feeling of not going as often as we should. Then the ring came. And as it was goodbye fattening foods...and hello healthy lifestyle!

So I didn't want to do any crazy diets I couldn't stick to. After all, I do have 1 year+ to get into shape. So I just figured I would eat better and walk as often as possible. And that's exactly what I did the first week.

To my surprise 6 days into it I didn't lose any weight. Why is this happening? Aren't I suppose to lose the most weight week 1? Those people on the Biggest Loser drop like 20 pounds in 1 week...and I can't even drop 1? I was discouraged but what could I do? Just keep trying.

Then, while cleaning my office, I stumbled upon my Weight Watchers stuff from a few years ago. I started flipping through the pages of my journals - wow I had alcohol every weekend? And went out to dinner constantly? And in those 2 months lost 20 pounds? Why the hell did I stop this?

With that I wrote down everything I ate the first 6 days of my diet and added up my "points". HMMM, guess I wasn't as smart as I thought. I was eating about 8 more points each day then I should have been. OMFG - how did I not see this?

So 10 days later here I am, loving my WW points. I have lost 5.5 pounds since I started counting points. Andthe best part is - I can fit it into my life. I can drink and eat what I want as long as I fit it within my points. So I ask again, Why did I stop this?

So Eric and I are off to see the Sheraton. Tonight it will be setup for a wedding - last week it was just an empty room. It will be Eric's first time seeing the Sheraton - fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment