Friday, January 2, 2009

Forever Bridal Wedding Show Prep

So tomorrow (Saturday) I am heading to the Raleigh Fairgrounds for the Forever Bridal wedding show. My goal for attending is to have a list of ceremony/reception sites that Eric and I can then start looking at. Right now I have seen 20 - 25 on the Internet that interest me. So I figure chatting with each for a few minutes tomorrow will help get the target list to 5 or so.

The requirements for us our
1. Must be able to have a band (we are only doing a big reception if we can hire a band)

2. Available Sunday of Memorial Day or Labor Day weekends of 2010 (this gives out of town guests plenty of time to travel to and from without taking time off)

3. Price to not exceed $100 per person - unless the venue offers EVERYTHING we need

People I talk to keep telling us to set a budget first, but that's hard for us to do. We are paying for the wedding ourselves and yes we could afford to spend up to $20k, but it really depends whats out there. We are on the fence about having a big affair, so if we don't find a great venue for the price that we feel it is worth, we are 100% fine with doing a small, intimate, 30 person dinner.

I am going to go buy and create labels for the wedding show, so my carpel tunnel does not act up filling out my name, address, phone, etc a thousand times. I am going alone, which my esthetician made me feel bad about (why I don't know) but I hate forcing my friends to tag along. I know if I wasn't engaged I wouldn't want to go. Plus, I can get it, find what I need, and leave. This is how I prefer to shop as well.

Just took down all of the xmas decorations, now I have to pack everything up and put in the attic. Where did my vacation go?

1 comment:

  1. eek, i have carpel tunnel too. Awful!

    Venue booking is insane when you try to do it within a year of a summer wedding. Good thing you have plenty of time!

    ReplyDelete